Dr. Otive Igbuzor is widely known and acknowledged across Nigeria and beyond as a ‘mentor of mentors’ for consistently and selflessly raising new crops of seasoned and exceling public and private sector leaders based on his principled commitment to visionary leadership and the values of integrity, transparency and the fear of God. He is a highly respected Nigerian scholar with a rare passion for social justice.
As Nigerian Country Director of ActionAid – a global development organization –, Igbuzor’s leadership brought significant innovations and developments to Nigeria. His leadership challenged and motivated the Nigerian civil society environment to attend more courageously and purposefully to serious gender issues.
As the Head Pastor and founding General Overseer of Palace of Priests Assembly (PPA) – a fast-growing church in Nigeria –, Dr. Igbuzor has led the church as a platform for ‘doing good’ by its numerous philanthropic programs that touch many lives positively, especially the weak, vulnerable and often forgotten in our society. We emphasize that Dr. Igbuzor’s leadership of a church that consistently applies its resources for the general welfare, growth, and development of needy members of his congregation and society in general flows from a culture of financial transparency and discipline of the church. We are particularly pleased that Pastor Igbuzor’s choice in not drawing even a penny from PPA for personal benefit is a rare and quiet but very powerful positive example in a society where religion is being commercialized and abused for obscene personal gains.
Dr. Igbuzor who holds a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree in Policy Analysis, a Master of Science (MSc) degree in International Relations, a Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree and Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm.), is currently the Chief of Staff to the Deputy President of the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Dr. Otive Igbuzor is ONENews ‘Man of the Year 2019’. Our choice of Dr. Igbuzor as our first ‘Man of the Year’ is essentially a public recognition and commendation of his exemplary leadership on many fronts. It is based on his exemplary leadership and commitment to developing and mentoring young leaders with integrity who are passionate about good public governance, excellence in corporate leadership, progressive nation-building, philanthropy, social justice and uplifting the weak in society.
Profile of Dr. Otive Igbuzor
- Chief of Staff to the Deputy President of the Nigerian Senate;
- Founding Executive Director, African Centre for Leadership, Strategy & Development (Centre LSD);
- Former, Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) Governorship Aspirant in Delta State;
- Former International Head of Campaigns, ActionAid International;
- Former Country Director, ActionAid Nigeria;
- Former Honourable Commissioner (representing Civil Society), Nigerian Police Service Commission (PSC) (2008-2013.
- Former Programme Co-ordinator, Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) – an independent research, information and training institution dedicated to policy-oriented scholarship on questions of democratic development and peace building in the West African sub-region;
- Former Secretary, Citizens’ Forum for Constitutional Reform (CFCR) – a coalition of over 100 civil society organizations committed to process-led and participatory approach to constitutional reform in Nigeria.
- Former Lecturer, Delta State University, Lagos Centre;
- Founding and Leading Member of many human rights and mass democratic organizations in Nigeria (1980s and ’90s);
- Member, Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (PSN), Nigerian Political Science Association (NPSA), Institute of Strategic Management Nigeria (ISMN), Nigerian Institute of Management, amongst others;
- Fellow, Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (PSN), Institute of Strategic Management, Nigeria (ISMN) and Institute of Management Consultants (IMC-Nigeria);
- Former President, Institute of Strategic Management, Nigeria (ISMN) and The Ejiro & Otive Igbuzor Foundation;
- Appointed by Ban Ki Moon (former Secretary-General of the United Nations) in October 2012 into the Global Network of Men Leaders to end Violence Against Women.
- Author, co-author and publisher of many books and scholarly articles on democracy, gender, politics and development, including
- Perspectives on Democracy and Development, Challenges of Development in Nigeria,
- Overcoming Challenges of Transformation in Nigeria,
- National Security, Policing in Nigeria,
- Nigeria: Public Administration Reforms and the Emergence of Buhari, Leadership, Development and Change,
- Contentious Issues in the Review of the 1999 Constitution
- A Citizens’ Approach to Making a People’s Constitution in Nigeria,
- Poverty Eradication in Nigeria: Perspectives on a Participatory and Pro-Poor Approach,
- Can Nigeria achieve the MDGs in 2015?
3,076 total views, 2 views today